OUR MISSION IS TO MAKE MOUNTAIN VIEW THE MOST LIVABLE CITY IN CALIFORNIA
We are an all-volunteer, pro-economic development group of Mountain View residents that want to grow downtown into a beautiful and livable working city that shows respect to our heritage.
We promote maintaining downtown as an important resource which draws people from MV and surrounding communities to walk its streets and enjoy its restaurants and diversity of small shops.
We raise awareness of the aesthetic value of MV’s historic downtown buildings and how they are an irreplaceable element to the downtown beauty.
- Downtown MV is quickly losing its character
- Heritage being lost/forgotten; there are no incentives or protections like other cities have
- Landowners and developers are cashing out at the expense of the local community
- Building mix is changing quickly in of favor office spaces and high rent
- Lack of a robust planning process and an outdated downtown precise plan are leading a progressive and successful city down a path of mediocrity
WHAT DO WE PROPOSE:
“Problems cannot be solved with the same mind set that created them.”
– Albert Einstein
- Pause new “ground up” (does not include improvements to existing buildings) development.
- There are currently ~75 active, non-residential projects in city planning dept.
- Raise planning standards to “best practices” level and then exceed them given the importance of Mountain View to Silicon Valley; the cradle of innovation.
- Thoroughly inventory, protect and provide incentives for historic resources and districtsProvide small business support that attracts retail/food creativity.
- Improve quality of life with focus on:
- art, food and music
- monthly DTMV events that benefit the neighborhoods and local businesses.
- Engage your neighbors
- Follow LMV and support efforts; attend city meetings
- Vote – we will interview, vet and actively support city council candidates in the Nov 2018 election who support these goals.
- See our #saveDTMV page for more on how you can help save our downtown!
- Sign and share the petition: